Monday, August 27, 2012

The Communicator


Line to the, out and back
Secret messages passed
Upon tiny plastic screens
Reminders, at awkward moments
Cause neighbor's troubled frown

Urgent power lunch exchanges
While text messaging lovers
During sports replays, with horoscope implications
Behind stocks, rising and falling

Nervous excuses for things, long forgotten
That should have been remembered

Plug me in, to out and back!
I need it now, not next week or yesterday!
Don’t yell at me!
I’m going!
No! I’m sorry
Where were we?
Oh yes, I like that

Voices of hours past, revisited
Numbers, with no meaning,
But must be saved
just in case.

What?
Sorry, I have to take this

© Copyrights G. Jones 2012

Author's Note: The Path to Consciousness Series

1 comment:

  1. Evocative of our technology and sometimes the decline of communication and language through text messaging. A provocative subject well done!

    ReplyDelete