Saturday, April 21, 2012

Killer Girls and Flesh Eating Zombies


My brain feels like it has a lava lamp inside
The glass has a long crack going across the front

I think it’s time to rotate the winter Mucha
Slide up the spring beauty with her berries and birds

Tis the season for old fashioned double features
Killer girls and flesh eating zombies will rule this year

Milking the eternal weaknesses for all they are worth
The pole humping, lap dancing nemesis at play

I'll drop some winter pounds and grow a new tanned skin
Feed my birdies and then the melodies will come

Make my life sound thrilling with my red ukulele
While I pour down grey geese and nibble olives

I’ll collect pie birds and light incense each day
While praying for a zoftig desperate housewife

Practice my innocent pagan rituals
And shake off my past Christian guilt like a wet dog

Hang Wicca twig men in the lush green forests
And read about the Peloponnesian war years

Polish my ceramic frogs for the porch display
Lock all my greed and ambition in my sea chest

Gripping my buckhorns on my hog for back relief
I'll turn fifty after a four twenty bong hit

Dropping in just to ask questions and make one think
Then listen to baseball while hammering fine nails

Grow some fat tomatoes in hanging flower pots
And number my candles with secret  hieroglyphs

Yes, my head will crack open like a rotten egg
Then the healing will begin, and the moon will smile

© Copyrights G. Jones 2008

Author's Note: The Path to Consciousness Series

No comments:

Post a Comment