Sunday, June 10, 2012

Leaving My Gardens

She offered me extensive use of her private verden
This was a very fine arrangement for me at the time
With vigor, I plowed and sowed my seeds in her lush Eden
Tilling through the afternoon until evening church chime

As months past, and I began to master over her plot
I began to wander in copious other fertile lanes
Soon, after much exploration, I found a fresh new lot
So, I cleaned and packed my plow for my newly acquired gain

While busily cultivating my new found lovely toy
I was notified in my prior effort, bloom had begun
Quickly creating a grand specimen of precious joy
Unfortunately, this produced an urge in me to run

While quietly heading out of town early before dawn
Leaving my gardens, left me with sweet memories to fawn 

© Copyrights G. Jones 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment