Sunday, June 10, 2012

Remember to Live


I’ve grown drained of wondering why I am 
I stopped caring at fifty I believe

    Taking each day if it were my last
    Concerned not where I stand on the ladder

Looking about my material gains
Gathering dust for maid’s Friday dusting

    No real purpose have they served me these years
    Not to feed or provide me with much warmth

My prized possessions have no shape or form
They simply flutter about in my mind

    Friendships are nice, but are they really, real?
    I’m much too competitive for best friends

Food and a blanket is all I require
Perhaps something to make a cozy fire

    Being today’s civilized modern man
    In society with my fellow kind

The whole thing makes me laugh a little
While looking at my mirrored reflection

    I smile and turn away with a chuckle
    Just go baby, and remember to live

© Copyrights G. Jones 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment