Saturday, April 14, 2012

Here, Take My Gun

Here, take my gun and a sip of gin
Let it clean our teeth and fade our hair

Maybe not, I'll need it out here on the run
Besides, your not exactly what you pretend to be

I’ve been watching you for a long time
Through my compass and decided you were east

I knew at that very moment
That the sun doesn't set in your eyes ever

Sometimes I see the world like that
Like it was crystal clear with no illusions

I’m sorry I disturbed you
Have a nice day and pretend you never met me

For I saw the portrait of your life
I found how your essence had been stolen

Because now you’re nothing but a painted clown
Hoping to deceive and finally win an easy life

On second thought, here, take my gun
Don’t you love it here on this road?

© Copyrights G. Jones 2007

1 comment:

  1. wow .. wow .. this is really something the hard grit of your words its really raw .. it hurts to read, some of these words are so blinding bright spilling sadness awesome b ;)

    ReplyDelete