Monday, April 9, 2012

Dragonfly's Rest


A paradise is what enters my mind
When I reflect upon my dear estate
A soft bed and breakfast it imitates
Warm, cozy, and filled with precious antiques
Named for the turquoise dragonflies we love
But they are not the only residents
There are chipmunks that live in the woodpile
Douglas squirrels bark for their daily snack
The wise old Bared owls ever on the watch
The black-tailed deer graze quietly at dawn
Bald eagles ever soaring overhead
Bigfoot occasionally visiting
Our lush green lawns and colorful flowers
Towering furs wall our perimeter
A warm fireplace in the winter for heat
A cool pergola in the summer months
Listening to birds and the wind through the trees
The wind chimes and the lone coyote howl
Barbecue slow cooking country styled ribs
Sipping a cool martini and dreaming
God has blessed my dear lovely wife and I
With this wonderful piece of paradise

© Copyrights G. Jones 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment