Saturday, April 14, 2012

I Pray

I pray before the candles in the night
Inspired to take a chance upon my fate
Upon my golden cup the pentagram
Tapped by a hazel wand times three

My sturdy hand grasps the sharp silver blade
Burning incense splash the sacred alter
As silken purple robes flow away free
As a full sail upon the gusting sea

Song birds alight upon the fortune wheel
And Lovers await teeming chariots
And hierophants question the religion
Of the bright crescent moon upon the sky

The wind rattles the wooden Wicca men
That hang in the Douglas trees there about
I kneel and pray to the Goddess and God
The Witch’s bell rings and the candles doused

On the lamb’s skin, I stand and meditate
The bamboo flutes tenderly die away
I turn and part the hanging beads to go
Another day the points of five obey

© Copyrights G. Jones 2006


No comments:

Post a Comment