Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The World of Nobody Cares


Lately, the world has become twisted
I’ve plainly been chopped off at the knees
At least in my battered mind it seems
My arrogance is being tested

For me, real torture is idleness
The act of just treading in one place
In an annoyingly idle state
A lesson I’m being forced to hear

In each lifetime there is a purpose
It’s increasingly becoming clear
To be patient is my vocation
 Accepting a mundane existence

All my life, I had been a charger
An Alpha, the overachiever
Had to be my way or the highway
No one was more important than me

Now I’m not important, just a shmuck
Nothing special, just ordinary
 Below average and surviving
  I’m in the world of nobody cares

Surely, this must be what it is like
To live as a witness protected
Having to maintain a low profile
Nondescript, the submissive hired help

Sometimes, it is rather comforting
Just living from day to day, boring
Until the bright lights go out for good
For what did it all serve anyway?

Here in the world of nobody cares

© Copyrights G. Jones 2008


No comments:

Post a Comment