Saturday, June 9, 2012

Paper Mache


For those who teach of dragons

No, don't be silly, it couldn't have moved.
Although, for a fraction of a second,
did one of the legs and the long spiked tail
seem to shift and relax,
then, again, frozen into place?

Working late at my desk this evening,
starting to see things, I suppose.


Relax...

It was just the sound of my silver pen scribbling.
Click!!!

Whatever that was, I don't want to know.

I think I will just finish this at home.
The question is, making it to the door.
Would it allow me to just walk out? Leave?

Was the head tilted this way before?
No...

Okay...
Placing papers in my briefcase
and finishing the last of my cold coffee.
Moving for the door, reaching for the light!
Click!!!

Blackness, then it has me.
the dragon


 
© Copyrights G. Jones 2006

Author's Comments:
"Teachers working late"
 
My students had created a twelve foot long, three foot wide, three foot tall paper mache dragon in the back of my classroom.

2 comments:

  1. hee hee ;)) your so good at this .. spooking me out .. Love this so much . as I do with everything you write really :)) beez and can so relate to this has happen to me so many times.. ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Beez! I love your reviews. ;-)

    ReplyDelete