Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Die Has Been Cast


This morning while strolling
Alone, on a quiet spring morning walk
I'm reminded of the regularity of our four seasons
Steered by the earth’s preordained path and tilt around the sun
I pause to ponder my own journey down the ambling path of this life  
The meandering trail of my struggle to understand the purpose of existence
I've often reflected upon the turns I’ve taken down that long vine-like path
It's become extremely clear, no matter which turn on the lane that I take


I am fated to always return again, to my original path of destiny

A miraculous inherent die, was precast before my voyage was set to begin
I'm merely a rebellious ram, being herded by an invisible watching Sheppard
Feebly trying to separate from the herd to higher grounds and sweet grasses
With an invisible staff in hand, the Sheppard guiding back to the valley

One would think after so many attempts, I would just resign my quest
My resolute heart has grown old, and tires more easily nowadays
Yes, the die has been cast in a strong and tempered steel

And my restless journey will some day end

  

© Copyrights G. Jones 2012
 

No comments:

Post a Comment