Sunday, May 6, 2012

Hangover















Rat a tat tat tat
What do ya think about that
Brushing the cobwebs outta my senses
Woke up all alone, without your kisses


Pieces of my gear all over your place
Naked with a new tattoo and a aching face
Grabbing my things I spit in the sink
My eyes not focused on your child like sleep


Watching your lovely tummy raise and fall, with each breath
While I slide one leg and hop into my denim jeans
Taking a peek through the blinds of your place
As I pull on my worn and scuffed chaps
I see my bike, sitting under a big ole maple tree


I take the last cold beer from your fridge
Your panties, I find under the crooked bed
I tuck them into my leather jacket pocket
I run my hand gently through your long, sweat filled hair
While taking a moment to remember your laugh
I rinse the taste of you down slow


Softy, I lay the empty bottle in the trash
Pulling on my jacket and checking for my keys
I stop for a smoke, pulling one from your pack
Blowing smoke rings, observing the dirt on the bottom of your, sweet feet
Stepping outside, the screen door slips and slams
I hear you cough and shift in the bed


Crushing the smoking butt and straddling my bike
I look back at your window and smile
I fire up and kick her in gear
Later babe, it was fun and real
Hitting the road for work with the wind in my face
Shaking my head and thinking, no, unreal



@ Copyrights G. Jones 2010


No comments:

Post a Comment