Sunday, July 15, 2012

Subic Bay, Philippines


I'd just gotten blown in from the grey, raging sea
Weather beaten from wind and hail, exhausted
One-hundred days of constant steaming, now was free
Needed a long night, to get my brain defrosted

Cash, burning holes in the pockets, of my blue jeans
I hit the streets, with women and whiskey in mind
Knew exactly the place for both, I had my means
Off, I quickly leave my fellow squids far behind

As a salt, my woman was already waiting
Years in this port, made for loving friends and old ties
Her, a beautiful brown, dark haired island darling
She'd calm the warrior from sea, quiet my cries

The good ole Philippines, my home away from home
An awesome rest, fore returning to ocean’s foam

© Copyrights G. Jones 2008

Author's NoteSailor's Sonnet Series

No comments:

Post a Comment