Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Interview with the Dark Lady



THE PLACE
THE PLACE THE PLACE
The place in which I found myself that night
~~~~~~~~~~~~~would be there~~~~~~~~~~~~~


At the road's edge
Bathed by warm engine's breath 
I escaped for a second
To the cool crisp air
The pain, always present 
An eternal covenant of blood 
Kept me awake that night

My strength fading 
The calm voice of an owl
Gave me solace and shudder
Trying to maintain my balance 
Black stiletto heels sinking
Into dark cool mud

The fresh wooden stake
Reflecting the soft moonlight
Taking it in my hands 
I heaved it OUTWARD
With an animal GROAN
I placed it carefully in his lap

The untellable wound inside
I closed my shawl
Covering what remains me forever
I reached through the window
Passed his unseeing eyes

Placing the car in drive
I stepped aside
Over the steep cliff they sailed
To oblivion

I turned up the road 
Thumb extended
To the
Oncoming
Car


~~~~~~~~~~~~~The place in which I found myself that night~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Would be much different 
If my date would have 
Been a little higher
To the right

© Copyrights G. Jones 2006
Author's Note: The In the Weird Series.

1 comment: