Thursday, August 9, 2012

Love


I was just thinking, while sitting here looking at you
You know what I really believed about my life?

I would smile about how it, really meant nothing
And how I'd found out, it was all just a big scam

My grandpa said, boy, always be true to yourself
To me, that meant, not showing people all my cards

Trusting someone, I thought, left you on the short end
From that time on, I'd never once let my guard down

Mainly, to never let people know, I could love
Cause I just couldn't stand, being hurt anymore

The few times I'd ever come out on top at all
Was when I'd pretend, to be something I wasn't

Life was another chess move, on the board of me
In a one man game, that didn't include a soul

Then one fine day, you climbed on the back of my bike

© Copyrights G. Jones 2012

Author's Note: The In the Wind Series

No comments:

Post a Comment