Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Shadow


There is a shadow in the corner of my mind
It haunts my restless nights and lethargic long days
A silent whisper pries both my past and present
The cold voice, infuriating and persistent

Always, it reminds of weakness and transgressions
It urges my evil desires and obsessions
Each sweat filled night I toss and turn to disregard
Its constant preaching distracts my day’s agenda

My very soul can feel it dragging me downward
The mirror reflects a face of pain and anguish
My heart has become still and cold, I have no tears
My screen name hides my true tortured identity

With my double words, I whisper to the outside
My poetry plays in the cyber ether plain
I’m a shadow haunted by another inside
Two tortured brothers whispering in silence

© Copyrights G. Jones 2012

Author's Note: The Path to Consciousness Series


No comments:

Post a Comment