Thursday, June 28, 2012

Liberty, Hong Kong

The streets of, Hong Kong, are bustling this fine morning
Out for tea, noodles, a tattoo, and lots of beer
Luckily, the ship was put to pier side mooring
Dropping my laundry at, The Fleet, I have light gear

In a café, I sip and slurp, while bird watching
Lines of gorgeous cages, sagging above my head
To, Ricky’s Tattoo, through the human mass swimming
Morn, I awake hung over and bandaged in bed

In the shower, I inspect my new dragon
Below in berthing, I adorn my crackerjacks
Up topside for morning quarterdeck watch, I’m on
Spend my time watching the seagulls hover the stacks

Another great port of call in the China Sea
City of Victoria, a fine place to be

© Copyrights G. Jones 2008

Author's Note: Sailor's Sonnet Series

No comments:

Post a Comment