Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Off the Merry-Go-Round


I think young John had it right, all along
It’s time to get off this merry-go-round

There’re people standing over there with guns
Each time I pass by, they take a shot at me, ridin’ high

So far, I’ve taken a few nicks, but I’m still alive
I’m gonna slide off this pretty pony, on the back side

With my stuffed animals in hand, headed for an exit plan
Enjoy life a bit more, with a little less hindering heartbreak

Ride my motor scooter outta this old circus, right through town
Say goodbye to my competing colleagues, fade them in my mirror

Paintin’ pretty pictures with my words and sippin’ my martini
Working when I want, and sleeping the day away just for fun

John had it right, that’s for sure
To bad, he didn’t follow his own words

© Copyrights G. Jones 2012

Author's Note: The Path to Consciousness Series

No comments:

Post a Comment