Saturday, June 2, 2012

Robins and Crows Know

To those who like to wander their gardens while sipping a martini.

On a certain afternoon, while walking in my gardens
Listening to the birdsong from surrounding trees

Suddenly, I became curious and rather impatient
There was a message the birds continued to repeat


First there was a lone robin, and later on a crow
I could have sworn, they were both telling me something


Then, came a soft gentle tapping on my shoulder
I slowly turned around, and there was my dear wife


Quickly, she asked me why I hadn’t answered her
And why was I staring at her red rhodie bush

The birds, I told her, they’re trying to tell me some...
She said that I’d been in the hot sun much too long


Come in the house, she ordered, before the neighbors...
Before they become suspicious of my long stare

Inside, I went with her somewhat reluctantly
Thinking something wasn't exactly as it seemed


The birds? What was this game? Yes, too much sun indeed

© Copyrights G. Jones 2006


Author's Note: The In to the Weird Series

No comments:

Post a Comment